The wave of exhaustion that was hitting me this Tuesday early afternoon was simply ridiculous. My eyes were closing on its own accord. Its not even like I haven’t slept enough (I don’t think ) I even slept later than usual. My allergies were (still) bothering me and I haven’t made enough of an effort to follow through with all of my allergy solutions. OTC allergy meds haven’t been as helpful as I hoped but a side effect of it is extreme exhaustion which makes it hard to focus on the work at hand.
- Pour a cup of ice water down your back, if you cant do it to yourself have a coworker do the honors (Tip: Close the door so other individuals do not cart you away due to the nervous-breakdown–like noises)
- Rub your face with ice cream
- Bite a lemon
- Get out of seated position and proceed to do 15 jumping jacks (ignore all of the stares you will get.)
- Do a headstand for 5 minutes (or until your face is red enough.)
- Jog in place
- Proceed to take off extra layers and turn the decrease the temperature (when you are good and frozen only then can you put back on those ‘extra’ clothes)
- Drink a mint tea
- Write a list of 30 reasons you really need to stay awake.
- Think funny thoughts – laugh loudly.
- Brighten up the room- put on all the lights, open the window shades.
- Open the windows when a bee comes in run around the room screeching like a banshee.
- Do some yoga (google the specific kinds that wake you up)
- Pinch yourself repeatedly, after you have enough black and blue marks all over put ice on it.
- Stand on your desk and sing an annoying song on volume 500, after enough people hear you enough tomatoes, pens, tape etc. will be thrown in your vicinity. Get off your chair and pick up all the junk that has accumulated.
This is just a starter… there are plenty of more… creative options… I would love to hear yours!